Never mind the Renaissance. Florence is fast becoming an international capital of cool. This thanks to its hip and happening San Frediano neighbourhood, south of the river Arno. Situated in the Oltrarno around Borgo San Frediano, this previously down-at-heel area is now dotted with hip bars and cool restaurants decked out in contemporary chic. So much so that… Read more »Read More
Your friendly online guide to Florence and Tuscany. Get our insider travel tips delivered to your mailbox every month.
Our Featured Posts
Read our most popular posts
- 3 scenic drives in Tuscany, Italy
- The life and loves of Cosimo de’ Medici – Father of Florence
- Medici Masters of Florence. Truth and Fiction in the TV series
- Botticelli Map of Hell – Explore Dante’s Inferno Drawings
- Dante Alighieri death mask as seen in “Inferno”
- Botticelli The Birth of Venus – What is the meaning of this painting?
- Best towns in Tuscany to stay in
- Chianti Road Trip – A scenic drive on the Chiantigiana Road
- The Medici palaces in Florence: meet the Medici in their hometown
- Medici family history, trivia and curiosities