Massa Marittima is perched on a hill a few kilometres from the Maremma coast, in Tuscany, central Italy. We visited in early summer when tourists are scarce, the temperature ideal and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. Leaving the car just outside the city centre, it’s a short, steep walk into the main square Piazza del… Read more »Read More
Your friendly online guide to Florence and Tuscany. Get our insider travel tips delivered to your mailbox every month.
Share your love of Tuscany!
Our Featured Posts
Read our most popular posts
- 3 scenic drives in Tuscany, Italy
- The life and loves of Cosimo de’ Medici – Father of Florence
- Medici Masters of Florence. What to expect in season 2
- Best towns in Tuscany to stay in
- Botticelli The Birth of Venus – What is the meaning of this painting?
- Botticelli Map of Hell – Explore Dante’s Inferno Drawings
- Medici Masters of Florence. Truth and Fiction in the TV series
- Dante Alighieri death mask as seen in “Inferno”
- Val d’Orcia itinerary – A day driving around Val d’Orcia
- Chianti Road Trip – A scenic drive on the Chiantigiana Road