Massa Marittima is perched on a hill a few kilometres from the Maremma coast, in Tuscany, central Italy. We visited in early summer when tourists are scarce, the temperature ideal and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. Leaving the car just outside the city centre, it’s a short, steep walk into the main square Piazza del… Read more »Read More
Your friendly online guide to Florence and Tuscany. Get our insider travel tips delivered to your mailbox every month.
Share your love of Tuscany!
Our Featured Posts
- Our favourite things to do in San GimignanoApril 18, 2018
- Best places to visit in Tuscany in 2018February 11, 2018
- 6 Storybook villages in TuscanyDecember 7, 2017
- Florence in a day – How to spend the perfect day in FlorenceDecember 12, 2017
Read our most popular posts
- 3 scenic drives in Tuscany, Italy
- The life and loves of Cosimo de’ Medici – Father of Florence
- Botticelli Map of Hell – Explore Dante’s Inferno Drawings
- Botticelli The Birth of Venus – What is the meaning of this painting?
- Best towns in Tuscany to stay in
- Dante Alighieri death mask as seen in “Inferno”
- Medici Masters of Florence. Truth and Fiction in the TV series
- Val d’Orcia itinerary – A day driving around Val d’Orcia
- Chianti Road Trip – A scenic drive on the Chiantigiana Road
- Medici Masters of Florence. What to expect in season 2