Medieval hilltop towns are a regular feature of the landscape in Tuscany. Some say its most defining one. With their fortified walls, towers and stone streets, these towns are so well preserved that they give visitors the impression they’re travelling back in time. None more so than in San Gimignano, Certaldo and Monteriggioni. Here you are in for a full immersion in the Medieval… Read more »Read More
Your friendly online guide to Florence and Tuscany. Get our insider travel tips delivered to your mailbox every month.
Share your love of Tuscany!
Our Featured Posts
Read our most popular posts
- 3 scenic drives in Tuscany, Italy
- The life and loves of Cosimo de’ Medici – Father of Florence
- Best towns in Tuscany to stay in
- Botticelli The Birth of Venus – What is the meaning of this painting?
- Medici Masters of Florence. What to expect in season 2
- Botticelli Map of Hell – Explore Dante’s Inferno Drawings
- Medici Masters of Florence. Truth and Fiction in the TV series
- Val d’Orcia itinerary – A day driving around Val d’Orcia
- Chianti Road Trip – A scenic drive on the Chiantigiana Road
- Dante Alighieri death mask as seen in “Inferno”